Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Balloon Throat

Hello all. I have a sore throat. It feels like a cheese grater is whittling away my pharynx every time I swallow. I think it's because I've been sleeping with my mouth open so all the air and dustmites in my room have occupied my throat. It's really damn annoying.
Anyway, I spent the day off today, just pottering around the house with my sore throat. I finished a painting of Miss Bettie page for Art so I'll probably end up turning it in tomorrow. I have to complete a sculpture by the end of the week as well- I'm thinking of doing a sort of whimsical semi-abstract piece. A pelvis and a spine with a camellia on top like a flower.
Right now I'm trying to see the point of a little cartoon that was on Triple J a few nights ago, called 'I like your yoghurt pants'. Anyway, it's a song by what looks like a singing tomato with a bass and cowboy boots while a sheep in jeans looks on. It's very disturbing and the lyrics are thus:

I like your yoghurt pants
I like your yoghurt pants
I really like your little strawberry coloured yoghurt pants

(bass interlude with camera zooming in and out of Tomato doing random poses )

And when we used to go out
sailing in the morning sun
And when we used to go out
Bowling you could strike a turkey
in the 3rd game

(Sheep spins continuously, Tomato turns into a bowling pin then plays the guitar whilst literally standing on its head)

I like your yoghurt pants
I like your yoghurt pants
I really like your little little coloured yoghurt pants

(Tomato and Sheep get possessed by Stan which makes their eyes do that hypnotic thing you used to see in cartoons and their tongues spin around)

And when the evening came
You always cleaned your shoes

(Things suddenly return to normal with it's little bassy interlude, but they find themselves in a field with more sheep. Tomato jumps over the sheep enthusiastically while the audience wonders where the fuck the bass is coming from, seeing as he has no guitar!)

I like your yoghurt pants
I like your yoghurt pants
I like your silly little yellow coloured yoghurt pants

(This is obviously dedicated to paedophilia because Tomato's head is really close to Sheep's genitals and the camera keeps on zooming in on them.)

The end.

Now, ask yourselves like I have been for the past few days- WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?!?!?!?!

No comments: